Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Solomons Island

Today is a warm, beautiful day.  Its amazing how much just seeing the sun will lift your spirits. 

On the Patuxent River side of town, they have built a boardwalk that runs about 1/3 mile along the river.





We have lunch at the restaurant on Solomon's Pier. Katy has discovered an appetizer/meal called the crab pretzel. They are great - covered with crab meat, cheese and heated until the cheese melts on top. I had the smoked rock fish dip and fried oysters.  For me it's hard to beat a good smoked fish and fresh fried oysters.





This shot is looking back up the Pataxent River towards the bridge:





There was a small chapel along the road:




The chapel reminded me of the Bynum church of my childhood (before it was bricked).  Like the Bynum church, it has served many generations of honest, hard-working folks.

The town has cleverly decorated many of the fire hydrants.  Here is one example:




There was another pretty sunset, but since it was so similar to last night's sunset I didn't take any pictures.  I was reminded of those friends and loved ones who I have enjoyed watching sunsets with but who are no longer with us.  I hope they are enjoying a great sunset wherever they are.

No comments:

Post a Comment